Farm In The City
An Eden of Nature and Animals Farm In The City (FITC) is a unique new concept that combines elements of wildlife and nature set in a designed environment of a conservation park. Drawing upon the values of Malaysia’s multi-racial and multi-cultural population, FITC is designed to resemble a typical Malaysia village or “kampung” setting. FITC plans to become a focal point for tourism in the state by providing educational and entertaining insight into the lifestyle and setting of a Malaysian village, farm and fruit orchard with its natural plants and wildlife. FITC is much more than a viewing exhibit. It encourages visitor-interactions with the animals and plant-life in a comfortable yet authentic environment. FITC also places great importance on education of visitors on the various aspects of farm and animal life as well as wildlife conservation and preservation.
The many visitor attractions of FITC:
- Free-flight bird aviary: a large and airy enclosure for birds. Visitors are encouraged to interact with the birds by feeding and petting them as well as getting a photo opportunity.
- Reptiles cavern: experience the world of reptiles in the Reptiles Cavern and see up-close the Retic Python, the Dwarf Caiman and the Mangrove Snake among others.
- Moods Lake: a large rippling lake of clear water which is home to FITC’s population of Mandarin Ducks, Whistling Ducks, Emperor Geese, Canada Geese, Cape Shelducks, Ruddy Shelducks, Common Shelducks, Caroline Ducks, Black Swans and White Swans. The lake also is home to our flock of Pelicans.
- Pet Village: visitors are encouraged to interact and pet Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. Grab the chance to feed them and take photos with them.
- Longkang Fishing: the traditional Malaysian past-time of dredging for fish in the “longkang” or drain is recreated here. To remind all visitors of a part of our cultural heritage that deserves preservation.
- Jungle walk: visitors walk among unique animals such as the Common Marmoset, Iguana, African Crested Porcupine and the Kirk’s Dik Dik
- Malaysian Vegetable Farm: recreation of a typical Malaysian village-type vegetable farm.
- Orchard with more than 60 tropical fruit trees and plants: an expansive exhibit of more than 60 tropical fruit trees and exotic plants.
Things to do at Farm In The City
- Feed and interact with Giant Tortoise Species
- Chance to interact with more than 100 species of tame and exotic animals
- Featuring more than 300 individual birds for all around the world
- Be amazed with more than 100 Malaysian birds in free-flight.
- Summon thousands of Koi fish by ringing a bell.
Closed on every Tuesday, excluding Public holiday & school holiday.
Lot 40187-40188, Jalan Prima Tropika Barat,
Bandar Putra Permai, Seri Kembangan.